I hit a huge milestone…I finished my 100th book since the beginning of The Book War!! I’ve been tracking the books I read on Goodreads and I officially hit 100 books after I finished another book this morning! Wow! That’s an average of nearly 6 books per month!! It is safe to say that I have certainly learned quite a bit about myself and my reading addiction in the past year and a half. Here are the Top 10 things I’ve learned since the beginning of The Book War:
- Having an accountability partner (or entire blog readership) is a huge motivator!
- Getting to say you read more last year than your sister for the entirely of 2019 is kind of great!
- It’s totally ok to read what makes you happy and what makes you happy changes through out the year. Just go with it!
- Wanting to hear what happens next in my current Audible book will always get me out the door for an afternoon walk.
- Plane rides and car rides are the perfect time to listen to books.
- Establishing a ‘reading routine’ keeps me reading almost everyday.
- While reading on my Kindle is not the same as reading paper books, I enjoy it almost as much and it helps to keep my book cases from taking over my living space.
- Having a super comfy reading chair with a footstool and warm blanket is key!
- I need to always bring my Kindle with me when I leave my house. Every time I leave it at home I am mad at myself…just throw it in your bag already!!
- Even though sometimes I don’t feel like writing a blog, I always feel better after I have shared my reading experience with The Book War readers!
It’s been a crazy ride so far and I’m sure it will only get crazier as The Book War continues. Thanks to everyone who reads the blog, I hope you find it (at least) entertaining and perhaps even enlightening at times.
Read on my friends!